And the winner is …

Lots of support from the Grade 5 students and teachers for the Grand Slam tennis final played on Thursday March 5th between Omar [5FJ] and Miss Doyle [5ED]. The match was kept under tight control by Chief Musti [great job Chief!] and umpired with no favoritism shown [sorry Miss Doyle]. The eventual winner, after a hard fought match was … Omar! I think the cheerleading, superbly choreographed by Miss Jamieson, got Omar victory in the end. Great game! Great fun!

18 thoughts on “And the winner is …

• Posted on March 8, 2015 at 6:14 am

Looks like lots of fun

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 9:36 am

Dear 5MD,
    I loved watching the game, Did you? Congrats Omar for winning the tennis. You must have practiced a lot. You must have won because a lot of people were cheering for you. I felt like I was at my tennis training. Have you ever played tennis before?
    From Charlie.

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:40 am

Dear Mrs de Jong
    I really like ypur post on the Grand Slam. I really liked the sportsmanship in that match. Will we have a tennis match any time soon?
    Yours Truely Issa

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:40 am

Dear 5MD
    I hope you had fun at the grand slam on the volleyball court. Good job Omar on winning the chocolate bar off Mrs Doyle! She is a great teacher and cheered really good. I hope you enjoyed the day.
    From Rhian

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:41 am

To Mrs de Jong,

Wow that looks like it was so intense! Good job Omar. Were you spectating the event? I once held a tennis racket it felt pretty good in my hand.

From Zac

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:43 am

I know right it was so intense good game guys!

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:43 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,
    Good job on that Photo Grid it looks great! Congratulations to Omar on winning the Oatlands Grand Slam! I always watch the tennis on TV with my Dad. Do you practice at home?
    From Alana

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:43 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,

I still can’t believe that Omar won! Will there be another one?

From Lana

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:44 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,
    Wow! Great job on the Oatlands grand slam poster on photo grid good job Omar for winning it and awesome try Miss Doyle you still did a great job playing I always watching tennis do you like watching tennis? From Amelia

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:45 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,
    I liked the way you did the layout on Photo grid. This tennis match made me feel like it was the Australian open grand final! I hope the tennis match was a success. Are we going to have another grand slam?
    Kind regards, Ayyaz

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:45 am

To Mrs De Jong,
    The collage you made about the Grand Slam is fantastic!
    I think if you were in the Grand Slam that you win!
    The pictures have really good quality and I love tennis!
    Do you like tennis?

From Mel

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:46 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,

I really loved the Grand Slam post and it reminds me of when I played tennis on Friday at the Edwin Flat District Cup (even though I lost). Have you played in a Tennis Competition?
    From Nick

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:47 am

Dear 5MD

I loved watching the grand slam tennis! Good job to Omar for winning and well played to Miss Doyle. This reminds me of the time I was cheerleading for a clash between Mikey and Tony.
    Do you think it was a good game?

From
    Ashley

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:49 am

Dear 5MD,

I like your blog and the words are all correct. It is great that Omar won the grand slam final. I play tennis every Tuesday and it goes for 1 hour.
    Do you have a tennis lesson on Tuesday?

From Billy

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:51 am

Dear Mrs de Jong,
    You are so great at blogging. The Grand Slam seemed fun I wished I was there. I have my own tennis racket at home and I play with my friends. Do you have a tennis racket at home?
    From Jameson

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 11:53 am

Dear Mrs de Jong

The blog you’ve created so far is really nice and cool. The collage you made of the grand slam I really like it the photo grid pretty cool.

What app did you use and was it hard to make it ?

From Risinu

• Posted on March 19, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Dear Mrs de Jong,
    The grand slam and good job on the photo grids and it looks terrific the colors go great and fabulous job on the gran slam
    Omar congratulations!how did you feel about holding the tennis racket?
    From Georgia

• Posted on March 22, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Mrs Dejong lots of people checking your blog !